Sunday, January 4, 2009

Thanksgiving Post

My thanksgiving family dinner was pretty fun. We spent the whole night eating and telling childhood stories. Even though they are retold at every family gathering they never seem to get old. Everyone still laughs at them, everyone still gets embarrassed by them and most importantly everyone loves them. No one brought up what really happened in history on thanksgiving. To be honest I don’t think my family even cares. They aren’t from American. They just know thanksgiving as a holiday to get family together and eat a huge meal. Everyone home makes something to bring to the table. The tradition I see there from history is the gathering of various food from different parts of the family to share. Thanksgiving and this time of the year is really meaningful to my family. We have been use to living all together but as my aunts and uncles grew up, everyone got their own home and family. Family is an important value to mine so we seek any opportunity to bring everyone together.

No comments: